We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Cloud Engineer to work alongside a team of talented speech scientists and software developers to scale our suite of Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing and Biometrics software products. We are seeking a passionate, curious professional that has experience deploying software in multi-cloud environments - and can help build our container platform. A successful candidate has experience in container technologies along with demonstrated technical leadership within and across organizations. As an individual contributor, the candidate will need to be able to handle multiple priorities, communicate well, and demonstrate leadership in a technical setting.
The Principal engineer is a hands-on engineer who also will - as the technical lead for Cloud - scale LumenVox's cloud offering using best practices. This individual will own clearly defined deliverables of projects and help drive successful outcomes. An understanding and hands-on experience of the following is expected:
- Cloud Computing on AWS and Azure
- Migrations to AWS and Azure
- Security/Compliance Services
- Managed Cloud Services - including maintenance, reporting and billing
- Container solutions across private and public infrastructure
- Technical lead for visible and complex projects
- Proficiency designing and coding Infrastructure as Code and automation scripts for AWS & AZURE management
- Be part of client focused projects while contributing tasks such as cloud deployments, migrations to cloud, reviews of client cloud environments from the perspective of best practices, security compliance and cost automation
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and/or continuous deployment tools and scripting; hands on experience having implemented and used such tools
- Ensure seamless handover to managed service provider team
- Ability to conduct thorough investigations, including a deep dive into reliability and scaling issues from both a code and infrastructure perspective
- Contribute to the technical knowledge base
- Solid experience (5+ years) with functional, technical and integration related topics
- Experience with short and accurate documentation and modeling activities
- Understanding of IT transformation, design, architecture and migration
- Proven communication skills and appetite to work in complex multi-national / multi-cultural environment
- Team player mentality - focus on collaborative engagement
- Available for travel (if required)
- Certified AWS solutions architect or Azure equivalent
- Experience with Kubernetes, docker, and various scripting languages
- Solid grasp and knowledge of Windows and Linux servers and networking fundamentals to support Infrastructure as Code assignments
- Strong conceptual abilities and implementation of pragmatic methods and procedures
- Openness to new ideas and change, ability to learn, flexibility, adaptability, willingness to innovate, unconventional thinking
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of hands on experience using automation tools for AWS and/or Azure; enjoys using technology to solve engineer problems with automation
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and phone.
- Must be able to push, pull, type, bend, and grasp.
- May occasionally need to lift up to 10 lbs
As required by business needs.
- Support for occasional custom development with external partners.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.