This is an exciting role for a Technical Trainer who has excellent technical writing skills, loves to work with engineering teams, has a startup mentality, adaptability to change, and a get-it-done approach to execution. You will be responsible for the content and the accuracy of technical documentation, API documentation and instructional material that will arm developers and integrators with the knowledge they need to use LumenVox voice enabled technology.
- Driving the strategy and planning for product documentation in collaboration with engineering and product owner teams
- Analyze and assess the current training programs and needs
- Writing clear and concise documentation for integration partners and developer audience
- Prepare and write training materials, manuals, brochures, and other technical pieces of literature.
- Update the training curriculum to align with business objectives and needs
- Create and implement training and procedural manuals
- Edit existing technical documents for grammar and clarity
- Write operating instructions, how-to-manuals, and assembly instructions.
- Work alongside engineers, scientists, computer specialists, and software developers to write process controls and functions.
- Manage flow of information within groups during development and testing.
- Write processes to improve quality of product support.
- Oversee the preparation of technical illustrations, photographs, diagrams, and charts.
- Translate complex concepts into easily understandable language.
- Working with Product Managers, Developer evangelists, and Designers to shape the entirety of the developer experience, including community development and developer outreach
- Identify and manage external training programs
- Developing interactive tutorials, case studies and process flows to help developers get up to speed quickly
- Apply tested training delivery theories, practice and methods
- Monitor and report on the delivery of curriculum to ensure it meets the evolving business needs
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Exceptional verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally
- Effective communication skills
- Comfort working in a semi-structured writing environment with evolving processes and systems; enjoyment of a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive handling multiple deadlines and self-prioritization of ad hoc requests
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team, and possess a high level of self-motivation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience delivering technical training
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of experience with technical writing or instructional design
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and phone.
- Must be able to push, pull, type, bend, stoop, and grasp.
- May occasionally need to lift up to 15 pounds.
As required by business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.