As the IT Business Analyst you will be responsible for creating reports and models that help align the business strategies of our company with its technology.
You will be responsible for bringing metrics from a wide variety of data sources into a coherent whole, suitable for producing integrated reporting. Communicates with internal teams to collect, process, and deliver data in a clean well-designed GUI interface. Acts as liaison between technology teams, support teams, and business units.
Data Base management
- Document all internal metric database sources
- Determine metric deficiencies in current database sources
- Design and implement a strategy to bring all necessary internal databases into a single data warehouse or other comparable unified source
- Develop structural design of various systems, applications, and databases for custom database-driven website.
- Coordinate information systems with LumenVox company strategic objectives.
- Code, document, and test necessary scripts and applications.
- Create data migration/conversion techniques for system conversions or upgrades.
- Assist organizational members and clients with database-driven websites, network, database, and application training and technical support.
- Assist staff with internal systems, applications, and databases, including developing procedures, forms, and other organizational tools.
Combine and Analyze the Data
- Design requirements for task and workflow analysis, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and business analysis, with the aim of aligning with corporate strategy.
- Create process models, workflows, specifications, diagrams, and charts
- Confer with team members to analyze needs and requirements.
- Use enterprise-wide data management systems.
- Confer with project managers to define concepts.
- Meet with business units to discuss execution of plans.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Use natural language to develop requirements specifications.
- Help establish technical vision.
- Analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Translate business requirements to system/functional requirements.
- Analyze information from surveys and workshops, task analysis, and business process description.
- Ability to communicate ideas, both visually and verbally.
- Experience working independently, and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to quickly grasp business needs and issues and translate into technical specifications.
- Exceptional analytical and problem resolution skills
- Proficiency with advanced database query and proper database design
- Proficiency with multiple methodologies of information access (such as SQL, REST, Graph API etc.)
- Experience creating advanced data models
- Some coding experience in languages such as SQL, PHP, C#, or Python
- Knowledge of modern report generation tools
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to Business Analysis, Computer Science, Data Science, or Data Analysis
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Business Analysist
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with data access and programming
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and phone.
- Must be able to push, pull, type, bend, stoop, and grasp.
- May occasionally need to lift up to 15 lbs