We are looking for a creative and analytical Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) that lives and loves the cutting edge of growth marketing but also has the brand front of mind. This person will be responsible for scaling current channels and generating new opportunities to grow the business. The CMO will be a highly accomplished marketer with a passion for business and analytics. They should be able to identify compelling and impactful strategies that drive the company’s sales initiatives forward.
We need a highly strategic thinker who is also excited to execute unique campaigns that will allow the company to attract new customer segments. This is an extremely important hire for us and will lead to company-wide growth initiatives.
Our CMO role is exceptionally complex and requires the right balance of left as well as right-brain skills, and very importantly, a differentiated set of leadership competencies.
You will work directly with our CEO and CRO and take full ownership of our online presence and customer acquisition programs. To be successful, you will already have experience building and running personalized inbound/outbound marketing campaigns to drive consistent sales revenue growth.
- Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products & features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to these and other initiatives.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels.
- Collaborate and lead across the organization. You will represent the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, engineering, and executive leadership. You will also lead and mentor a growing team of marketers across a broad set of functions including product marketing, partner marketing, content, and brand.
- Own Marketing to drive demand for the company's products and services through brand awareness, conversion to qualified leads and helping loyal customers refer others.
- Deepen relationships with key partners. You will nurture existing relationships with key partners, aligning on mutual goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts.
- Build a marketing department. Identify talent needs, hire and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team.
- Partner with the digital product and engineering and data science to create differentiated solutions that leverage performance media and/or new innovations in marketing technology.
- Big picture. Growth at the company is holistic and expands far past just acquisition and performance marketing.
- Brand-focused. We work hard to maintain a specific brand mission. This role needs to have that front of mind at all times.
- We are looking for non-traditional thinkers, tinkerers, testers, and artists.
- This position will work across all departments, specifically creative, engineering, and finance.
- Forward Thinking. You don’t only rely on what worked in the past, you prefer to see around corners and plan for the future.
- Define, measure, and report the performance of all paid marketing channels/campaigns and assess against ROI and KPI goals including customer acquisition and retention.
- Develop a scalable growth strategy through our direct-to-consumer channels while also evaluating other sales/distribution channels for our products.
- Own and efficiently scale a million to multi-million-dollar budget, allocating spending and optimizing a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful.
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and develop smart attribution modeling, ensuring we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time.
- Work with our analytics team to lead marketing analytics and ROI analysis for campaigns and channels, defining CAC and LTV, while executing robust optimization and A/B testing programs.
- Coach and develop and recruit channel managers, own communication across executive level and partner teams. Establish a rapport/network with the CMO community of our platform partners.
- Develop and lead the company’s regional marketing strategy and direct the execution of various marketing activities.
- Execute online and offline marketing campaigns customized to fill and grow the lead pipeline with high-quality leads.
- Plan, organize and execute various marketing events such as prospect and customer events, conferences, exhibitions.
- Produce high-quality content for our customers such as market surveys, Webinars, Whitepaper, Case Studies, Blog, Videos, etc.
- Measure the performance of all activities and campaigns, assess them against goals (ROI, Key Performance Indicators) and adjust strategy & activities to achieve them
- Provide ongoing reporting, develop actionable insights, test, and learn approach to new initiatives.
- ROI-driven approach to marketing and strong attention to detail.
- In charge of achieving aggressive revenue and profit goals across all digital channels.
- Directly responsible for conceiving and implementing successful marketing campaigns from channel, to ad unit, to landing page, to purchase experience, to lifetime value across all viable channels.
- Keen understanding of marketplace trends: e. What are our competitors and platform partners currently promoting and how are they getting the word out?
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing go-to-market plans for SaaS platforms, including targeted paid advertising, online and offline events, and content marketing (white papers, case studies, and blogging etc.) with creativity.
- You are a self-starter, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your work.
- Strong analytical and writing skills. You are comfortable with data and analytics, and you can clearly communicate your results and ideas.
- Low ego and high intellectual curiosity.
- Good eye for design and creative assets.
- Clear, effective communication skills and experience in a collaborative, transparent, and hands-on environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, both in building teams and influencing company direction.
- Passionate about customer success and technologies that impact companies and their customers.
- Established track record in spearheading successfully integrated product launches with measurable results.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years in high-growth, B2B e-commerce or SaaS-based companies.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and phone.
- Must be able to push, pull, type, bend, stoop, and grasp.
- May occasionally need to lift-up to 15 pounds.
As required by business needs.
At LumenVox we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, STD, voluntary life, FSA, 401(k)
LumenVox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at (858) 707-7700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. LumenVox complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.