As a rapidly growing, premier developer of speech software products, LumenVox constantly challenges its team. The company is a total speech solutions company that provides a complete stack of speech and multifactor authentication technology. We offer solutions for automatic speech recognition (ASR), speech synthesis (TTS), voice biometrics (VB), natural language understanding (NLU) and call progress analysis (CPA).
LumenVox is looking for a Senior Research Scientist with a background on Natural Language Processing and Understanding (NLP/NLU) to join our growing research team based in Munich. You will work as part of a fast-paced, highly experienced team, developing and implementing novel algorithms and creating state-of-the-art speech products for our extensive customer base. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help promote quality and innovation within LumenVox.
- Working on cutting edge technology and algorithms for a variety of NLP tasks using Deep Neural Networks (recognition, understanding, generation)
- Research, design and evaluation of new algorithms and models for NLP (e.g., intent detection, slot filling) and other speech processing tasks (e.g., speech recognition, natural language understanding, speech synthesis).
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate the quality of NLP models for different languages under different deployment conditions.
- Coding of prototype software up to product level engines
- Participate in research projects, publications, visit conferences, etc.
- University degree in Speech/Computer Science/Engineering (Master/PhD or similar)
- Professional coding experience (C/C++, C#, Python)
- Professional experience developing and productizing NLP solutions
- Solid Machine Learning background and experience with standard toolkits (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe, Kaldi, etc.)
- Strong algorithmic skills (DNN, ML, statistical modelling, BERT, Transformers)
- Knowledge of Linux environments and scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Awk, Sed, etc.)
- Good written and spoken communication skills (primarily English, German a plus)
- Highly motivated, independent, and self-contained worker and thinker
- Be part of our dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-tech environment with large potential
- Secure workplace, no start-up, financially backed by strong investor
- Competitive and performance-based salary
- Fair and flexible working hours