The Director, Software Engineering is responsible for managing the development of new software capabilities and supporting current software platforms. The Director will manage a team of developers and QA team members, and will ensure quality output, team efficiency, and professional development.
As the Director of Software Engineering you will be:
- Passionate about technical challenges, organizing a team, and building a process for high quality, high performing software
- Responsible for the continuous enhancement and stability of core production software. This includes all aspects of incident and problem management, standardized methods, and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of changes.
- Ability to leverage the collective intelligence of a team to build alignment
- Enforce the Software Development Lifecycle requirements, which includes secure coding practices, testing, and version control processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness.
- Perform code development, evaluate code reviews and make recommendations for changes for C++ and C# projects.
- Provide end-to-end ownership, while working closely with software developers and product teams, and successful delivery of software development projects and escalations.
- Effectively communicate software project status through documentation to internal stakeholders and management
- Stay current with new and emerging security threats and mitigation approaches.
- Enjoy managing across multiple teams with multiple projects, balancing the needs of new development and production support
- Promotes a high-performance culture with a strong sense of accountability
- Enjoy managing the software development lifecycle, using data to drive continuous improvements, with strong focus on meeting the team’s commitments given changing customer priorities
- Mentor and coach, developing leadership within the team as a core function
- Hold others accountable for delivering on their commitments
You will need the following skills and abilities:
- Strong experience with microservices, containers and other components of Cloud architectures.
- Ability to lead and motivate dynamic, fast paced, deadline driven teams. Demonstrated management skills to lead and energetically motivate direct reports and development partners.
- Ability to work cross functionally with speech scientists and developers across disciplines
- Ability to engage with colleagues at all levels to implement change through fact-based issues of importance to the business
- Experience working with a cross platform carrier-grade code base
- Extensive experience with C++ and/or C#
- Strong Project Management skills
- Experience with Agile Scrum process
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, mitigate risk and develop plans.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated capabilities to resolve complex challenges
- Demonstrated success in supporting software products
- Self-motivated and capable of working through ambiguity
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years Engineering management experience.
- Experience managing geographically distributed teams
LumenVox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding, and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, military or veteran status, marital status, age, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
To request a reasonable accommodation at any point in the application process please contact Human Resources at (858) 707-7700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
LumenVox complies with Federal and State disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.