We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer performing advanced software development in the fields of automatic speech recognition, Natural Language Processing and biometrics, working primarily in C#/C++. This complex, multithreaded, Cloud based software requires strong software engineering background in both Windows and Linux OS, an eye for detail and the ability to work autonomously. This unique position allows for creating VUI demo applications to facilitate future product development as well as assisting in testing the performance of our current code base.
- Working primarily in C#/C++
- Windows / Linux cross-platform development (so experience in both is a plus)
- Work effectively with a small team of developers to create, improve and maintain applications that support state-of-the-art speech recognition technology
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams in making sales presentations by sharing accurate technical information that describes the technology behind how LumenVox technology work. This often includes conducting product demonstrations for customers/partners
- Maintain and update documentation supporting change control processes
- Troubleshoot issues related to networking
- Interact with customer support, QA and marketing teams to identify new features and potential bugs
- Improve and add new feature related to DSP, speech processing, AI algorithms, and/or advanced software optimization
- Demonstrates the ability to excel at understanding and communicating complex technical solutions and issues
- Speech Recognition and Voice Biometrics product experience and/or relevant experience in one or other areas of emphasis are preferred
- Perform advanced use-case and needs assessment based digital engagement demonstrations for customers, and prospects remotely and in-person
- Develop and maintain expert understanding of LumenVox technologies and services
- Actively participate as an SME for digital engagement products and technologies, providing consultative support to other Customer Success Software Engineers
- Daily run throughs of the LumenVox product demonstrations to ensure proficiency when performing in front of partners and customers
- Perform implementations in a LumenVox test environment on every new release to learn firsthand the customer experience involved to allow for more thoughtful technical responses to customer implementation questions in addition to providing valuable feedback to the Product, Delivery, and Engineering teams
- Provide partner and customer feedback to the Product, Delivery, and Engineering teams
- Actively seek better understanding of NLU/NLP
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience programming in C/C++
- Highly-optimized multithreaded multi-core coding skills a distinct advantage
- Experience with cross platform software development
- Experience with Networking, RTP, audio processing, SIP/VOIP, REST, Web-Sockets, WebRTC
- Good mathematical background
- Knowledge of advanced software algorithms
- Able to transfer technical knowledge to peers and management, as well as novices
- Previous experience working automatic speech recognition experience, digital signal processing, or related fields a plus, but not required
- Some knowledge of creating and using Linux software packaging (RPM, DEB, YUM, APT)
- Work or academic experience in AI, speech processing and/or advanced DSP preferred but not required
- Experience with customer facing product demonstrations
- Experience with storytelling presentation methods. The ability to present the solution using real-world scenarios, examples, and the value selling methodology
- Technically focused, including knowledge of HTML, JS, NodeJS, etc.
- Ability to create, maintain, and evolve a digital engagement demo environment using LumenVox Technology stack
- Energetic, highly organized individual capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer and phone.
- Must be able to push, pull, type, bend, stoop, and grasp.
- May occasionally need to lift up to 15 pounds.
As required by business needs.
- TFS maintenance, Build and Release Process Definitions for various projects
- Support for new custom development or integration with external partners
- 3rd Level support