We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer performing advanced development in the fields of Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing, and Voice Biometrics, working primarily in C++ and/or Golang, with some Python in a cloud-native environment. This complex, multithreaded, software requires a strong software engineering background, an eye for detail and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced dynamic, growing team.
- Linux cross-platform development with an emphasis on containerized applications
- Work effectively with a small team of developers to create, improve and maintain applications that support state-of-the-art speech recognition technologies
- Scrum-based agile development using DevOps to develop, design, and maintain products
- Maintain and update documentation, including Confluence and/or knowledge base tools
- Use Git version control with Pull Requests using code reviews in automation pipelines
- Troubleshoot issues related to networking and containerized deployments
- Interact with team to identify new features and potential bugs
- Full life cycle development including new development, design, maintenance etc.
- Maintain and expand highly advanced, multithreaded, multi-process software suite
Required Skills & Experience:
- Solid foundational experience in programming (with focus on Golang, C/C++, Python)
- Robust and optimized multithreaded multi-core coding skills a distinct advantage
- Container experience (especially prior work with Docker and/or Kubernetes)
- Experience with cross platform software development (primarily Linux container based)
- Networking experience, (RTP, audio stream, SIP/VOIP, REST, Web-Sockets, etc.) a plus
- Basic understanding of DevOps, build automation and related methodology
- Exposure to at least one of the big 3 cloud ecosystems (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Knowledge of advanced software algorithms and best practices
- Experience with protocol buffers, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres, Mongo a distinct advantage.
- Able to transfer technical knowledge to peers and management, as well as novices
- Able to troubleshoot complex issues involving multiple interrelated systems
- Comfortable working across different programming languages and technologies
- Previous experience with ASR, DSP, or related fields a plus, but not required
- Able to pick up and run with new complex projects, coordinating with others
- Prior experience in AI, speech processing and/or advanced DSP not required (but nice to have)
Energetic, highly organized individual capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Document and potentially assist with white paper or technical bulletin generation
- Jira ticket workload management for task and bug tracking
- Possible occasional custom development or integration with external partners.
- Attention to detail, time management, curiosity, creativity, and teamwork
At LumenVox we offer a competitive healthcare package that includes medical, dental, vision, STD, voluntary life, FSA, and 401(k) Plan with match. We also provide reasonable flexibility in schedule and times worked.
LumenVox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and/or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at (858) 707-7700 or e-mail email@example.com. LumenVox complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.